The Department of Statistics is pleased to offer an Master of Science (MS) Program in Data Science in New Brunswick. The MSDS is part of the professional Master Program in Data Science at Rutgers, offered by the Department of Statistics in close collaboration with the Department of Computer Science. The MSDS Program officially launched in Fall 2016. Interested students are encouraged to submit applications here.
- 30-Credit Program that can be completed in 3 Full-Time semesters
- All evening classes to accommodate Part-Time students
- Program qualifies for the DHS STEM designation giving International students up to a total of 36-months of practical training authorization without corporate sponsorship
With increasing data collection and advanced computational capabilities, the analysis of massive data and the extraction of useful information from it have become major emerging frontiers of computer science, statistics, and related fields. As modern information technologies relentlessly generate voluminous and complex data, analytical tools with solid foundation in algorithms, optimization, systems building, visualization, statistical theory, and methodology have become indispensable to industry and society in general.
Data Science has deep roots in computer science, optimization, probability, and statistical inference, and thus it is critical that any Data Science program enjoys a close collaboration between the Department of Statistics and the Department of Computer Science. Rutgers's MSDS program does just that!
The Masters in Data Science Program (MSDS) offers a 30-credit Master’s degree which will provide its graduates with:
- A deep understanding of the algorithmic tools and computational infrastructure necessary to manage, explore, and make sense of uncertain and complex data
- Computational skills to apply inference principles and prediction techniques to extract actionable value from data repositories
- Strong technical skills for data analytics, visualization, and summarization
- The necessary communication and leadership skills for successful careers as data science professionals